Last Stop, Drop, and Yoga pic from my 4th of July hike… Eka-Pada-Adho-Mukha-Svanasana (3 legged downward facing dog) I’m working on creating a straight line from lifted foot to hands, not so easy without a mirror but it’s getting there. This was taken at the end of the north gorge trail at the Power Project.
It’s been many years since I hiked that far south of the bridge from ArtPark and was nicely surprised to see that there had been trail maintenance and construction which made it a fairly easy and enjoyable hike. I actually had heard about that from Megan of One Yoga who guides outdoor yoga and yoga hikes in the greater Lewiston area.
Tips for 3 Leg Down Dog are:
– Direct weight forward into hands stay light under wrists
– Extend spine avoiding compression in the low back
– Hips remain equal distance to the ground / not stacking
– Use abdominals to help support the posture
– Keep shoulders away from ears use larger muscles of the arms and back
– Breathe, find ease, enjoy